12 April 2013

well spent

I've been thinking I need to get out and see more art.  To that end, my husband and I drove to Banff to go for a mountain hike and to check out Linda Wilder's exhibition last weekend.  

I have been following her blog for awhile, and I must say that her paintings look great online, and even better in person!  It was really good to talk a bit with Linda, too.  She's a lovely person, very relaxed and open.

"Griffith Woods Stroll" was my favourite in the show, and my husband really liked a small street scene which I cannot now find an image of...

... and I did not bring a camera, so I have no photos of the woods, the misty mountaintops, the moss glowing green in a light drizzle, and other lovely things we came across.  Oh well, next time.

All in all it was a weekend well spent.

No comments: