12 August 2013

one thing becomes another

This week I've finished the commissioned painting which I had been working on for awhile.  Finishing paintings is always accompanied by a feeling of elation - a grand outward rush! - regardless of how long it has taken to make them.  Today I am happy with everything.

A brief recap: The client will be able to choose two of the three paintings I made, in whatever combination they decide.  In this way, they take part in the creative process.  :)

Here are the various combinations, some of which I like better than others:

steel sky woman

steel sky woman

steel sky woman

steel sky woman

steel sky woman

steel sky woman

One Thing Becomes Another
mixed media on 3 stitched canvases
widths: 32", 35" and 38" x 29.5" height

You can read about the making of this work here and (near the end of the post) here.

After photographing them in pairs, I began playing around with various combinations of all three together, with and without spaces between the canvases:

steel sky woman


steel sky woman


steel sky woman

I am oh-so-pleased with this work!

The people who commissioned me to make it have given me a lot of creative leeway and virtually no time constraint.  This is how I work best.  The painting is finished within my own estimated time frame, and I feel it is excellent work, better in some ways than I had imagined.

No comments: