08 February 2015

difficulty leads to play

This one is presenting me with some difficulty.  Hooray for photoshop, where I can try out a quick effect without making permanent changes to the actual, physical work just yet.

In studio:


In photoshop:


A definite improvement, hey?

So this is what happens when I begin a new series of works: the first ones are very playful and often very successful.  Then I try to make more, and it becomes difficult because, after the initial success, I begin to judge the work much more seriously.

Something to think about, hey?

Right.  Back to the studio; it's time for a sheer white glaze.

:)

2 comments:

P.D. Crumbaker said...

Verna, I like the new work and the recent blog entries that allow a peek inside your process. Really interesting and informative. Thanks.

Verna Vogel said...

Hi P.D.! Glad you are enjoying my posts. :)